The Group IV exams are conducted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission to recruit candidates for the posts under the umbrella of Group IV services of the Government of Tamil Nadu. The Group IV services include Village administrative officer (VAO), Junior Assistant posts (security & non-security), Bill collector, Field Surveyor etc. The recruitment process is based on a single written examination without any interview process. The candidates are asked to answer 200 questions which are multiple choice questions (MCQ) in nature which are equivalent to the 10th standard level of school syllabus within a duration of 3 hours. The merit list is prepared by scoring the answers out of a total of 300 marks.
The pattern of the examination is set as:
- Tamil Eligibility cum Scoring Test – 100 questions
- General studies (SSLC Standard) – 75 questions
- Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard) – 25 questions
The Syllabus for the Group IV exam encompasses various topics from:
- General Studies – General science, History, Geography, Indian Polity, Current affairs, Economics, Development Administration of Tamil Nadu, Culture, Heritage & socio-political Movements in Tamil Nadu.
- Mathematical Ability & Logical Reasoning.
- Tamil Language Comprehension.
We at Kingmakers IAS Academy offer a comprehensive course which takes a holistic approach on the preparation for TNPSC Group IV Examination. The approach consists of a foundational course on the subjects, providing the right content to study from, followed by a series of tests which the candidates can use to evaluate their understanding on the subjects.