The Main Examination is the second stage of the Three stages of the TNPSC Group I recruitment process conducted by the Tamil Nadu public Service Commission (TNPSC) on a yearly basis for the recruitment of eligible candidates for various posts under the Group I services of the government of Tamil Nadu. Candidates who obtain the minimum cutoff marks in the prelims stage of the exam are qualified to write the main examination which is descriptive. The written examination consists of 3 papers evaluated out of 250 marks each with the time limit being 3 hours for each exam. The candidates proceed to attend the oral test based on their performance in the written Examination.
The Syllabus of the Main Examination can be summarized as followed:
- Modern History of India and Indian Culture
- Social Issues in India and Tamil Nadu
- General Aptitude and Mental Ability [SSLC Standard]
- Indian Polity and Emerging political trends across the world affecting India
- Role and Impact of Science and Technology in the development of India
- Tamil Society – its Culture and Heritage
- Geography of India with special reference to Tamil Nadu
- Environment, Bio-Diversity and Disaster Management
- Indian Economy – Current economic trends and the impact of the global economy on India
Each Subject contains several subtopics which can be downloaded from TNPSC Official Site.
The preparation strategy for the Main Examination should concentrate on developing a deeper understanding of the static and dynamic content of the syllabus and improving their answer writing skills to provide precise answers to the questions raised while obtaining the highest possible marks in the Papers. The Group I Mains program offered by Kingmakers IAS Academy helps candidates who are looking to refine the skills required to ace the written Examination.